The Town of Fairview is pleased to OPEN the Aquatic Centre October 14th, 2020 with lesson registration available October 13 (call Pool Reception 780-835-2812 ext 3 9:30am). View the weekly schedule uploaded to our website and online social platforms ( Facebook & Instagram ) and the available Swim Lessons (Hot Tub is not open at this time)
Book your swim time by contacting pool reception and ensure to complete the COVID-19 Prescreen before entering the building and have your email QR Code ready for scanningPool-re-entry-1-3
The Fairview Regional Aquatic Centre Management Staff are planning and preparing to reopen the facility, with no specific timeline yet. This process includes assessing and implementing the guidelines that were released with Phase 2 announcements while determining the most feasible timelines and conditions for reopening of this facility.
To complicate matters further this is a shared facility with a third party so another party are involved in this process. This third party has chosen not to reopen their facility at this time hence requiring further changes in staffing and procedures within our organization.
Once all new procedures, training, rehire of staff and equipment are in place only then will Council decide if it makes sense to authorize the reopening of this facility. As well Health Inspections must take place to assure we are compliant and determine appropriate permissions.
Safety is our top priority. We are working hard to put a plan in place that balances our desire to reopen as soon as reasonably possible while also carefully planning how to best implement provincial health orders and directives in order to protect the health and safety of the public and our employees, and to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
On behalf of our entire Aquatic Staff we wish to extend our sincere appreciation for your continued support and patience as we navigate this transition. We look forward to seeing you all soon again and will continue to update as we move forward.
You can expect to see the following changes once the pool reopens:
- Lifeguards will be wearing masks at all times. In the event of a rescue response the lifeguards will be also be donning a Disposable Gown, Gloves, Visors and Protective Footwear. Due to new safety protocols the lifeguards will now be using Bag Valve Masks for all CPR procedures.
- The maximum number of patrons permitted will be 30 (20 for Aqua Classes).
- All lane swims and public rental bookings must be booked with reception one day prior to attendance, these booked swims will be based on times (30 minutes to one hour only).
- No locker availability, all patrons must carry belongings onto the deck for the duration of their visit.
- No sharing of equipment, you must bring your own if required.
- Limited shower availability, patrons will have to wait until other users have finished, be prepared for waits at reception for this requirement.
- Social Distancing will always be practised throughout the facility, please obey all distancing and directional signage.
- Sanitizing schedules will include complete facility cleaning in between swim bookings and programming which will be result in shortened swim time allowances.
- Lifeguards will be requesting that cohort families social distance from other families and individuals in the pool.
- All patrons entering the facility will be asked their name and phone number for contact tracing purposes only.
- All patrons entering the facility will also be asked to complete COVID-19 symptom related questions and have temperatures read before gaining entry.
- Current health restrictions do not allow the hot tub, water slide, climbing wall or sky walker to be open.
Please note we must have separate entry and exit for all users so we will not be permitting any cross traffic at the reception area and the viewing area will not be open to the public. You must gain entry at the reception area, when your swim is complete you will exit through the viewing area (you will not be permitted to shower after swimming) and out through the activity room doors. This access change allows for social distancing measures as set by Alberta Health Services (one point of entry and separate exit point).
Programming and the above noted details will change only if AHS requirements change within the Phased Progressive Relaunch Guidelines.
While the province has announced some major changes to Phase 2 relaunch planning, we ask for your patience as we review and implement the required changes. There are still many restrictions that go along with this phase.
We will be reviewing:
- information regarding new policies and procedures
- access to facility changes
- admission area changes
- new infection prevention control protocols
- personnel training to address Covid-19 protocols
- Updating rescue response procedures
- Updating hygiene practices
- acquiring the needed PPE for both staff and facility users
- addressing janitorial, clerical and safety supervision tasks
We will release more information in the coming weeks as decisions are made regarding the Fairview Regional Aquatic Centre relaunch/opening. Facility operations must meet all mandatory public health orders before re opening to the public. Thank you for your continued patience.