Home & Property

Important Information for Home and Property Owners in Fairview

If you are a home or property owner in the Town of Fairview, we have compiled a list of the most frequently requested information to help you navigate the ins and outs of owning property in Fairview.

Important Considerations for Building Structures for Your Animals

If you are planning to build structures for your animals, ensure that you comply with all applicable regulations and obtain the necessary permits. Failure to do so may result in fines, legal issues, and even the demolition of the structures.

It is advisable to consult with the Town of Fairview before commencing construction to determine whether you need a permit, the type of permit required, and any other regulations that may apply.

The Town of Fairview's regulations may vary depending on the type of animals you intend to keep, the size of the structures you plan to build, and the location of your property. Therefore, it is important to reach out to the relevant authorities for guidance.

Learn More

Using Backyard Firepits and Fireworks in the Town of Fairview

If you reside in the Town of Fairview, you may be interested in using a backyard firepit, setting off fireworks for a special occasion or obtaining a burn permit. However, before you do so, it's important to understand the rules and regulations surrounding these activities.

Bylaw 961/PS/2010 regulates fires and burning within the Town of Fairview including the following:

  • Backyard firepits must be at least 10 feet away from any structures, including fences and sheds.
  • Backyard firepits must be attended by an adult at all times.
  • Only clean, dry wood may be burned in a backyard firepit. Burning of garbage, plastics, and other materials is strictly prohibited.
  • Fireworks must be set off in a safe and responsible manner, away from any structures or individuals.
  • Fireworks must not be set off on public property or parks without prior permission from the town.

By following these rules and regulations, you can enjoy the use of a backyard firepit or fireworks in the Town of Fairview safely and responsibly.

If you plan on having an open-air fire, structure fire, or incinerator fire in the Town of Fairview, a Burning Permit is required. The use of “burning barrels” is not authorized.

The permit ensures that you are aware of the guidelines and regulations that must be followed to avoid any potential hazards or damage to property.

Bylaw 961/PS/2010 provides information on the types of fires that require a permit, the conditions that must be met, and the penalties for non-compliance.

Contact Us

Noise Regulations in the Town of Fairview

The Town of Fairview has set noise regulations to ensure that residents can live in a peaceful and comfortable environment. These regulations define the acceptable noise levels for different times of the day and different areas of the town.

Residential areas in the Town of Fairview are designated as quiet zones.

  • During the day, from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm, the acceptable noise level is 65 decibels.
  • At night, from 10:00 pm to 7:00 am, the acceptable noise level is reduced to 50 decibels.
  • Weekend hours are between the hours of 9:00 am to 10:00 pm

If you violate the noise regulations in the Town of Fairview, you may receive a warning or a fine. The fine for violating noise regulations can range from $100 to $400 depending on the severity of the violation.

The Town of Fairview takes noise regulations seriously, and it is important to be respectful of your neighbors and the community. By following the noise regulations, you can help maintain a peaceful and comfortable environment for everyone in the town.

Contact Us

Regulations for Property Owners in the Town of Fairview

Property owners in the Town of Fairview must not allow or cause a property to become an unsightly premise.

An unsightly premise is a property that is in a state of disrepair or neglect. This can include everything from overgrown grass and weeds to broken windows, peeling paint and accumulation of refuse. Any property, whether land, buildings, improvements to the lands and buildings, personal property and any other combination that detracts from the surrounding properties use, value or enjoyment for the community is considered an unsightly premise.

If you are a property owner in the Town of Fairview and you allow your property to become an unsightly premise, you may face consequences. These can include fines and even legal action, depending on the severity of the situation. Additionally, an unsightly premise can negatively impact property values in the surrounding area, making it more difficult for you or other property owners to sell their homes or businesses.

To avoid allowing your property to become an unsightly premise, it is important to take action when necessary. This can include regularly maintaining your property by mowing the lawn, trimming shrubs, and repairing any damage. If you are unable to keep up with maintenance yourself, consider hiring a professional landscaping or maintenance company to help you. By taking action to keep your property in good condition, you can help maintain the beauty and cleanliness of the Town of Fairview.


Utilities, Water, Waste Management Services in Fairview

The Town of Fairview is responsible for providing essential services such as water and waste management.

Residents and businesses in Fairview can rely on the town to ensure that they have access to clean and safe drinking water. The town's water treatment and distribution system is regularly maintained and monitored to ensure that the water meets or exceeds provincial and federal standards.

Garbage and Recycling waste management is also an important service provided by the Town of Fairview. The town offers both curbside and drop-off recycling programs.

Fairview residents can access other utilities such as gas, power, and internet. However, these services are sourced through other agencies and not provided directly by the town.

The town works closely with these agencies to ensure that residents have access to reliable and affordable utilities. The town also collaborates with these agencies to promote energy efficiency and conservation initiatives.

  • Gas services in Fairview are provided by ATCO Gas and other Gas distributors companies,
  • Power services are provided by ATCO Electric and other Electric distributors companies,
  • Internet services are provided by various providers such as Telus, Eastlink, Mighty Peace Wireless, and other internet service providers.

Visit the Utilities Consumer Advocate website to compare electricity and gas prices in your area, view historical rates, or get help resolving utility-related issues.

This website is an interactive resource that is helping consumers, especially vulnerable Albertans, make informed choices about their electricity and natural gas services.

  • An interactive Cost Comparison Tool to give consumers the delivered cost of energy;
  • Prominent and clear information about the services of the UCA’s Consumer Mediation Team;
  • Revamped, plain-language content that’s easy to understand and optimized for search engines; and
  • A searchable database that displays historical natural gas and electricity rates in a user-friendly format.

How to Report an Issue to the Town of Fairview

If you have any concerns or issues that you would like to report to the Town of Fairview, there are several ways to do so. The Town of Fairview is committed to addressing community concerns and ensuring that the town continues to be a great place to live.

The easiest and most convenient way to report an issue is to use the Town of Fairview's online reporting system. This system allows you to report a variety of issues, including road issues, streetlight outages, and utility issues. To use this system, simply go to the Town of Fairview website and navigate to the "Report an Issue" page. From there, you can choose from the drop-down menu and fill out a form with details about the issue and submit it online. You can also attach photos to help provide more information about the issue.

If you prefer to report an issue by phone or email, you can contact the Town of Fairview directly. The town's contact information is available here. When reporting an issue, be sure to provide as much information as possible, including the location and nature of the issue. This will help the town address the issue more quickly and efficiently.

If you would like to report an issue in-person, you can visit the Town of Fairview offices during business hours.

After reporting an issue, you may receive a follow-up from the Town of Fairview, should the issue warrant. The town will provide you with an update on the status of the issue and when it has been resolved. If you have any additional questions or concerns, you can reach out to the town for further assistance.

By reporting issues to the Town of Fairview, you are helping to make the community a better place. Your feedback and concerns are important, and the town appreciates your help in keeping the community safe and well-maintained.

Have questions about reporting an issue?