The Town of Fairview is accepting applications for a full time Arena Attendant in the Community Services Department. Reporting to the Arena Foreman, our Attendants are responsible for:
- helping clean & maintain the facility
- providing manual labour duties related to maintaining ice and equipment
- providing exceptional customer service
- handling/ taking inquiries from different user groups
- assisting with crowd control
- providing information to patrons on facility protocols
- In the summer months this position is assigned to Park’s detail which includes lawncare, special projects, community events and general maintenance tasks.
- Current class 5 Drivers License
- 2 years previous labour experience preferably in an Arena setting
- Ability to work in varying temperatures and environmental conditions
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong attention to detail, time management and problem-solving skills
- Level 1 Arena Operator certification preference or willing to obtain
- Possessing a self-starting attitude and the ability to work well independently with little supervision
Salary will be negotiable based on qualifications and experience ($23.17-31.22/hr). A comprehensive local government benefit package is provided after completion of a probationary period. Compensation is based on a 40-hour work week. This position requires rotational weekend, day, and evening shifts.
This position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
Application must be submitted in confidence to:
Director of Community Service
Town of Fairview
Fairview, AB T0H 1L0
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.